One probably wouldn’t be surprised to learn that I am a huge fan of the BookTube community on YouTube. Yes, it’s true that when I’m not reading books, I’m spending hours on the internet watching videos about books and I have no shame!
The time of year has rolled around when one of my favourite BookTubers, Ariel Bissett, is hosting the BookTube-a-Thon. I am so excited to say that I will be officially attempting to take part in the read-a-thon this year, officially meaning that I will trying to complete as many reading challenges as I can and that I will read within the given timeframe. I’ve never actually taken part in a read-a-thon before so we’ll see how this goes! If you’re interested, you can find information about the BookTube-A-Thon and Ariel Bissett’s YouTube channel linked below.
Because I am not a YouTuber, I will not be completing any of the video challenges, but that will only give me more time to read, right? 😛 Here is a list of the reading challenges and the books I am hoping to read to fulfill each goal. My list is arranged by the order I would like to read the books.
- Read a book only after sunset – Monster Vol. 1 by Naoki Urasawa (I will be starting this when the BookTube-A-Thon begins at midnight and will hopefully finish it in one sitting.)
- Read a book by one of your favourite authors – The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
- Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation – Letters to Juliet by Lise Friedman and Cecil Friedman (I pulled this out of my To-Be-Read Jar a few months ago and still haven’t gotten around to it… Oops.)
- Read a book with yellow on the cover – Reality Boy by A.S. King
- Read a book that’s older than you – A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
- Read a book you discovered on BookTube – Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Reality Boy could count for this one as well.)
- Read seven books –Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins, The Honor Code: How Moral Revolutions Happen by Kwame Anthony Appia, or P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Admittedly, taking on the BookTube-A-Thon this coming week is going to be really difficult because I am in the middle of moving and I work 8 to 5 Monday to Friday. Despite this, I am really pumped to be participating in the 2016 BookTube-A-Thon! With the move I’ve been super busy and haven’t read that much in the past week, so I’m definitely in the mood for some good ol’ binge reading!
To visit the BookTube-A-Thon channel to learn more click here –> https://www.youtube.com/user/BookTubeAThon
To visit the BookTube-A-Thon Twitter click here –> https://twitter.com/booktubeathon?lang=en
To visit Ariel Bissett’s YouTube channel click here –> https://www.youtube.com/user/ArielBissett