***Warning: I am a pretty average and sometimes boring person, so feel free to skip this page all together and go read about the books!***
Well, to begin I suppose I should reveal the truth behind my identity. I am currently a secret agent super spy living undercover as a avid book lover by the name of CeeCee. Well… okay. I’m in the Witness Protection Program because I saw a couple of eastern European thugs steal a precious diamond. No? Too Our Lips Are Sealed?
My name is Chelsey. Yes, CeeCee is not my real name. Why is this blog called CeeCee Reads then? Well, who doesn’t want a cool online alter ego? And I admit that I think CeeCee just sounds better, especially next to “reads.” Who is Chelsey? She’s that girl in the back of science class sneakily reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Who is CeeCee? She’s the super awesome blogger who writes incredibly insightful reviews and lots of other fun things! (We’ll just go with it.) So there you have it. I am a crazy book lover turned blogger who feels that much cooler because she uses a fake name. Just goes to show how NOT cool I am 😉
Moving on. I am a recent uni grad and while I am coming to terms with the identity crisis that is no longer being a student, I spend my time getting lost in books. What else is an English major going to do while she’s waiting for her recently acquired B.Ed (yay!) to get her a job? My love of books was established at such an early age that I honestly can’t remember how it all started. From an early age I have never NOT been reading anything. Seriously. Pop the question of “What are you reading?” at any given moment and I can quickly give you the title of my current read. (Right now it’s To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han.)
Even though I feel I’ve rambled too much already on this page, here is a list of random facts about me, just so you can get a stronger sense of who I am. Who knows? One of these facts may reveal that we should be best friends! 😛
- A born Newfoundlander, I have spent my life living in many different parts of Eastern Canada and currently still live in the wonderful country of Canada.
- My biggest goals and dreams include traveling as much as possible, reading and growing my book collection as much as I can, becoming a teacher, and making the world a brighter place 🙂
- I was able to begin my travels around the globe when I studied abroad in England. I was lucky enough to travel to Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and France and I loved every second of it!
- Favourite book of all time: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Favourite book series: Harry Potter. *Ob…viously.*
- I will read pretty much anything that is put in front of me, but my favourite genres include fantasy, historical fiction, and contemporary.
- Favourite TV Shows: Doctor Who and Friends!
- So yeah, I’m a Whovian AND a Potterhead.
- My favourite movies include The Princess Bride, all the Harry Potter movies, Titanic, Roman Holiday, pretty much anything kind of period drama, and Disney movies.
- Favourite Actress: Audrey Hepburn
- Favourite music includes that of Tokio Hotel, The Beatles, Ed Sheeran, Keane, Beyonce, Adele, My Chemical Romance, Breaking Benjamin, Lana Del Rey, and so much more!
- I’m also a sucker for musical theatre (and yes, I am currently obsessed with Hamilton.)
- I watch way too much YouTube for my own good.
- Guilty pleasures: Books, Frappacinos, vanilla lattes, nutella, cheesecake, and owning an insane amount of mugs.
- Dream Destination: Since I’ve already lived in my dream destination of England, I would love to go to Italy, Australia, and travel more throughout Germany.
- I love driving and long road trips.
- Pet peeves: people who act like they are better than everyone else and obnoxious car muffler noises.
- One of the scariest nightmares I have ever had was that Madonna was taking over the world with her evil minions, the Muppets.
- I don’t like bacon. I know, I know. Please don’t hate me!
Whew! Well that’s pretty much all I can think to say about myself (as if that isn’t enough.) I hope you enjoy the rest of this blog!